Team games on the mountain
Before TV and computers made it even to the most remote Oberland farms, children used to play with the everyday objects around them. At these team games, you can rediscover the simple games they used to play. The traditional disciplines allow you to foster team spirit in a playful way, 2000 meters above sea level on the Engstligenalp near Adelboden. The best team will received a small prize at the closing ceremony, and on request you can also visit an alpine cheese-maker before or after the games.
The traditional sports
The Oberland alpine team games include the following disciplines:
- «Chuämälchä»: who's good at milking? Each team has to get as much milk as possible into the churn.
- «Naglä»: which team will be the first to hammer in all the nails? Skill and accuracy are in demand here.
- «Heupüntel wärfä»: the distances achieved by all team members will be added up when the hay balls are thrown.
- «Gloggi lütä»: this requires accuracy too: whoever hits the cowbells with the ball gets points for the team.
- «Hufisä schiessä»: each team has a certain time in which to throw as many horseshoes to a metal stake as they can.
- «Chees trölä»: an alpine cheese has to be rolled down the meadow through a parcours.
- «Stossgaretä-Renä»: the wheelbarrow slalom is a sport for two - one pushes and the other is pushed.
- «Gummistifelwitwurf»: who can hurl a rubber boot from their foot the furthest?
- «Bumstammsagä»: how long does it take you to saw the tree trunk up? Team work is crucial here.
- «Fragä über d'Natur»: who knows about Adelboden nature and culture?
Culinary specialities on the mountain
Once the games are over, you can let yourself be spoilt with Engstligenalp specialities (local cheeses, smoked meats, ham, sausages) and round off the event with a drink against the backdrop of the imposing mountain landscape.
Size of group
12 to 150 people
from 3 h
all year round
Adelboden, Engstligenalp and throughout Switzerland
German, French, English
|incl. 7.7% VAT|
|ab 12 Pers.||95.00||/pers.|
|ab 21 Pers.||85.00||/pers.|
|ab 41 Pers.||75.00||/pers.|
|ab 61 Pers.||on demand|
|throughout Switzerland||on demand|
Included in the price
|-||travel by cable car up and down the Engstligenalp|
|-||materials and organisation of the whole games|
|-||winner's ceremony with prize giving|
|-||collection from the bus station or car park in Adelboden|
|-||travel to and from the meeting point|
|-||visit to a cheese-makers followed by drinks in an alpine lodge or an alpine breakfast|
|-||overnight accommodation in the Engstligenalp Berghotel or other accommodation in Adelboden|
|-||guided walk on Engstligenalp footpaths or climbing routes.|