Production of the torches
In the bright and atmospheric restaurant below the Üetliberg, you will make two colourfully decorated torches. Thanks to expert instruction and the professional material available, you will need about an hour's time to do this. The course of the workshop is as follows:
- Torch cloths are dipped in coloured wax and rolled around a wooden stick. When the wax has cooled down or the torch cloth is firm, the stick is pulled out.
- Finally, the cooled torch is dipped into transparent wax again, then a torch handle is inserted.
Candle extraction (optional)
If you would like to extend the workshop a little longer, you can try your hand at making candles with coloured wax after the torches have been made. Here too, you will be supported by a professional:
- You choose your wick according to the desired thickness of the candle.
- Through repeated dipping into the liquid wax and cooling in a cold water bath the candle becomes thicker.
- When the candle has reached the desired diameter, it is cut in such a way that the colour layers are visible on the outside.
- To protect the decoration, the candle is finally dipped into transparent wax.
Hiking in torchlight
What could be more obvious than trying out the torches right away? In the nearby Üetliberg forest, you can go on a one-hour hike by torchlight. You will be guided by a local guide.
Culinary rounding off
Back in the studio our caterer will serve you a fine dinner in the beautiful rooms. Whether meat loaf with potato salad or pork tenderloin with various side dishes, there is something for every budget and taste.
Size of group
10 to 40 people
from 1 h
all year round
|incl. 7.7% VAT|
|Short version (approx. 1 hour)||48.00||/pers.|
|Long version (2 hours)||68.00||/pers.|
|Food on site (3-course)|
|from 10 pers. on||77.00||/pers.|
|from 15 pers. on||56.00||/pers.|
|from 20 pers. on||51.00||/pers.|
|from 25 pers. on||44.00||/pers.|
Included in the price
|-||Torch pulling with the pro|
|-||All necessary material|
|-||Two decorated torches|
|-||Local guide for the hike|
|-||Additionally at the long workshop: two candles made of several layers of colour|
|-||Drinks (according to consumption)|
|-||Possible trip to the Üetliberg and back (torch-lit hike)|
|-||outward and return journey|
|-||Professional catering in the beautiful adjacent room (max. 40 seats)|
|-||Aperitif with coffee, tea, mineral, orange juice, sweet and salt confectionery (9 CHF/person)|