Welcome to the land of curry
Would you like to discover India? You don't have to travel far: just take a trip to a restaurant near Solothurn which specialises in Indian cuisine. You can get to know this fascinating country by cooking and of course eating together (with the restaurant reserved for you), as well as by taking part in an exciting quiz. You'll begin the event with an aperitif together with finger food and then your group will be divided into two teams of ten to fifteen people.
The shape of the event
One team rises to the culinary challenge first, preparing two starters with an Indian chef - using authentic recipes and Indian spices, to which they also receive a fascinating introduction. In the meantime, the other team does the quiz. Everyone then enjoys the starters together, as well as letting themselves be spoilt by the delights of the buffet. Then the first team does the quiz while the second prepares the desert and also learns all sorts of fascinating things about the world of Indian spices. The crowning moment comes when everyone sits down to enjoy the dessert.
From the aperitif to the dessert
- Appetizers: samosas (vegetarian pastries), koftas (meat balls), vegetables and papadoms with dips, chicken satay skewers
- Starters: tomato sorba (fresh tomato soup), pakoras (vegetables in batter)
- Main courses from the buffet: chicken curry tandoori, lamb curry shai, mixed vegetable curry, prawns Goa style with coconut, fresh cheese with peas, basmati rice, mango chutney, chilli paste and raita (yoghurt-based sauce)
- Dessert: saffron quark cream, fresh fruit salad and chai (spiced Indian tea with milk)
A glimpse of the quiz questions
The quiz revolves around the rich culture of India, from its spices to its gods and its Bollywood films. Possible questions include:
- What are India's national animals?
- Which god has an elephant's head?
- What are the religions of India?
- Why is curry so spicy?
Size of group
10 to 32 people
all year round
|inc. 8% VAT|
|from 18 people||125.00||/pers.|
Included in the price
|-||Indian chef to accompany team cooking|
|-||Hire of the kitchen and the restaurant|
|-||Cleaning after the event|
|-||Travel to and from the venue|
|-||Seminar space on site|
|-||Give aways: Spice mixture "Sebi's curry in hurry" (CHF 8 per person)|