Starting point Val-de-Travers
Discover the beauties of the Val-de-Travers in winter! The region offers an extensive network of marked routes that will give you unforgettable experiences in a protected natural landscape.
As an admirer of beautiful landscapes, as a sportsman or as a group, choose the snowshoe tour that suits you best. You will be accompanied by a local guide. The following tours offer a maximum winter experience in the snowy Neuchâtel Jura.
Tour to the mountain inn "La Rondenoire
Escape from everyday life into the vastness of the snow-covered Jura plateaus! On this walk, your guide will accompany you through the wild valleys and over the little-known panoramic steps of the Vuissens and Rochats regions. Highlights of the excursion:
- Snowshoeing in wild and untouched nature
- Possibility of lunch in the mountain inn of "La Rondenoire"
- Picturesque stories about the Val-de-Travers
Starting and arrival point: Hôtel de l'Aigle, Couvet
Tour to the mountain inn "Au Rêve de l'armailli
Your guide will accompany you on a snowshoe hike to a Fribourg Armailli (Alphirt) on the border between the canton of Neuchâtel and France. Yes, you read correctly, a real "Fribourg Armailli"! He will welcome you in his Gruyère inn on French territory between Les Verrières and La Côte-aux-Fées - a colourful personality and a unique encounter! Highlights of the excursion:
- Tour on both sides of the French-Swiss border
- Meeting with a Fribourg Armailli (alpine herdsman)
- Possibility of tasting the famous Älpler-Rösti
- Suspenseful stories and anecdotes from the region
Full Moon Tour
As an expert on the Neuchâtel Jura, your guide will accompany you on a unique snowshoe hike under the full moon through the snowy forests of the Val-de-Travers. You can choose between a tour through the Areuse gorge or to La Brévine (the coldest place in Switzerland in winter). The highlights of the excursion are:
- Discovering the magnificent unspoilt nature of the Val-de-Travers in the moonlight
- Possibility of a small snack along the way.
- Local stories and anecdotes
- Possibility of combining the night walk with a convivial conclusion over a fondue at the Café des Mines.
Starting and arrival point: Café des Mines, Travers.
Size of group
1 to 40 people
from 1 h
January till March
German, French, English
|incl. 7.7% VAT|
|Snowshoe guide (max. 20 pers. per group)|
|1 to 2 h||250.00||flat-rate|
|Übernachten im Doppelzimmer|
|2 to 2.5 h||350.00||flat-rate|
Included in the price
|-||Organization of the snowshoe tour|
|-||Instruction and accompaniment by local guide|
|-||Apéro with regional specialities|
|-||Finally, fondue at the "Café des Mines".|