Live as a mountain cowboy
Are you looking for a place to stay with a difference or for a cosy hut for your corporate event with a programme of activities? We offer an exciting alp hut experience where you enjoy undisturbed exclusivity with your team.
The lounge area of the hut seats about 50 people while the dorm upstairs offer space for up to 30 guests. Both areas have heating. The alp hut features a kitchen and a toilet. It is situated at an elevation of 1300 metres above sea level right on a ski run surrounded by an enchanting landscape and spectacular views of mount Säntis and the valley.
- Accompanied by a local guide familiar with the terrain your party with or without snow shoes walks through a romantically snowy winter forest to the alp hut (duration 45 minutes). Alternatively, the alp hut can be reached straight off the ski run.
- On arrival at the hut you fire up the stove which is a cooker and a heater in one. On that stove you prepare a rustic meal. You spend the evening playing cards or other games. On request the alp hut can be pre-heated ready for your arrival.
- Well rested you start the day with a hearty farmer’s breakfast made of local delicacies.
- Again accompanied by a guide you hike down into the valley (ca. 30 minutes). There is an option to hire toboggans for an exhilarating ride down into the valley.
This alp hut delight is also available as a shorter version without the overnight stay. The itinerary and activities can be arranged entirely to your requirements.
Activities available with the alp hut delight
We are happy to supplement your alp hut delight with these activities:
- Stave skiing on the adjacent piste
- Giant Horn Sleigh Adventure on Alp Sellamatt
- Igloo Construction Deluxe with mulled wine warmer
- Winter Games in the snow
Size of group
14 to 50 people
Winterkleidung und warme Schuhe
from 1 day
November till April
Alt St. Johann in the Toggenburg region
german, french, english
|excl. 7.7% VAT|
|from 14 people||179.00||/pers.|
Included in the price
|-||Overnight stay at the alp hut|
|-||Dinner and beverages|
|-||Breakfast and coffee|
|-||Food and beverages at the mountain restaurant|
|-||Snow shoes or toboggan hire|
|-||Hike along the Trail of Myths|